7.01.2009

Midsummer Eve

I showed my last color board to my bridesmaids yesterday. They all loved it. A few of them even started fighting over who gets to wear which dress. Totally awesome.

I thought I'd find something else that inspired me and try to create a color board for it. So I did that today. But I'm a little disappointed in the results. I think it looks good... but it's not me. And it's not my fiance, either. I'm just not sure that it fits into our genre of frugal fabulousness.

But I still like it. I still think it's good.

If you like it and think it's good, you're totally welcome to steal it. It's based on the painting "Midsummer Eve" by Edward Robert Hughes. What? I told you, I'm taking Art History.

4 comments:

little luxury list said...

Awesome painting and LOVE the shape of the blue dress - a practically universally flattering dress.

Overall, your first board is quite lovely. I swoon over vintage elements and liked your touches.

LoriB said...

I love this painting! And I love this whole make-a-color palate thing. I'm-a gonna try it! One question though... how are you doing it? I'm just messing around on microsoft paint cause I'm a loser, but where are you finding the base colors? Just curious.

Bridechka said...

What lovely board! You have a real knack fopr these, color me impressed :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

be sure to check out our blog- The Perfect Palette for color inspiration! love your board!