6.29.2009

Color board

I attempted to put together a color board of inspiration for a color scheme that I may or may not choose for our wedding. The FFG is really fine with whatever, has a few ideas and preferences, but really just wants it to look good, so he'll go along with anything I come up with. I showed him this color board this evening when I finished it, and he really liked the scheme.

It's different than what we originally had in mind, but I think it's pretty, and it's at least a) something physical [well, digital, but visible] that I can actually see, not just in my head, and b) a starting point to get my creative juices flowing about this. Maybe tweaking a few things here and there will help with finding the right venue to hold it.

My inspiration came from a few things, but mostly my love of all things Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen as a whole. I'm not the type to go so crazy over a cliche like this and make my bridesmaids all wear Edwardian period dresses with cap sleeves and empire waists that make them look prego.

I'm in to inspiration, not imitation.

But, as much as I *heart* Colin Firth, I've been known to say that the newer P&P on screen with Keira Knightly is like a moving art piece. With it's visually stunning use of color, and (sometimes unneccesarily impressive) staging and scenary, as well as a soundtrack to melt one's stubbornly Elizabeth Bennet heart, it always seems to bring out the romantic in me.

Like I said: I may or may not make use of this color board for my wedding. That being said, regardless of what I choose, I encourage anyone who may find this to be inspirational to them to go ahead and use some (or all) elements of it for their own. Someone ought to get some use out of it.

I will, of course, be working diligently on my next color board: Pride and Prejudice... and Zombies.

1 comment:

talda said...

i <3 colin firth too. i don't know what it is about him but i find him quite dreamy.

i've been trying to work on an inspiration board but have failed miserably. it just didn't seem cohesive, which probably meant my vision wasn't either. so maybe it did work? either way, maybe i'll give your way a shot with colors. hmm...