7.06.2009

My Advice? ALWAYS Ask!

SOOO much to update today! I'm so behind!

First of all: new survey today! Look at the tool bar to your right. I'll probably try to post a new one every Monday, so keep your eyes peeled. Survey ends Friday night.

Okay, on to more important topics: VENUES!

Thursday was our 3 year dating anniversary, so we spent the weekend celebrating. We had wanted to go to Shinto for a while, but never had the time.money.excuse. The FFG called to make reservations for Saturday night, but we were told that they were closed for a wedding reception. Bummed, b/c that was the only night we had available to go, we decided to stop by for lunch instead.

First impression walking in the door: ...whoa. Amazing. Beautiful lighting. Modern and chic lounge/bar area. lovely fountain running in to a koi pond. A bridge with a clear floor, so you can see the koi swimming under your feet. You'll have to see for yourself.


The food was the best Japanese I've ever had (and that's saying something), and the show that the hibachi chef put on - entertaining? Absolutely!

So, as we sat there, thinking about the trouble we've had finding an affordable venue, I said, "Wait... did you say they're closed for a wedding?" I swear I saw a lightbulb turn on over his head. We started dreaming waaay more than we should have, and probably got our hopes up a little too high. We asked our server, who referred us to the manager, who referred us to their event coordinator, and presto-chango! We have an appt. Wednesday evening to talk about specifics!

Our server, Chris, said if we do it we should request him as a server - which we'll totally do. The manager quoted us a loose range of figures on packages anywhere from about $35/head to $85/head, depending on what we wanted. I almost exploded, and the FFG said "Where do we sign?"

I can't wait for Wednesday night! I'll let you know all the details when we find them out.

Of course, this blows away most of the ideas we had originally come up with (coffee house theme and all) but we're entirely ready to do that! I want to share with you all of the ideas we had that we probably won't be using, now that we're changing our theme. Maybe you can put some of them to good use!

More to come, people! Stay tuned, and stay classy!

FFB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh..... that sounds fabulous!

can't wait to read the details!! (and see photos)

:) I hope it all works out for you!!!!

Posh Play said...

My FI would be more excited about your wedding venue than ours for sure!

What a cool and unique idea! Love it!

Westside Wedding said...

Can't wait to hear the details!!! I hear some places that are not normally for wedding receptions can offer great deals, the only problem that in L.A they sometimes require you to spend a certain amount like 10-15K to buy them out but maybe in Ohio it's different? I was getting bummed out about still not finding our venue after so much work but your post has gotten me excited for searching again! Thanks!!!!

little luxury list said...

Ooh me too! I'm at a very old NY type of restaurant. They had a minimum budget, but we managed to negotiate it down. Watch out for the drinks figure though - that could get messy and increase your prices more than expected.