7.28.2009

Re-vision

Wow, things have been rough lately.

The Frugal Fabulous Groom and I have been tired and depressed lately. We've had a hard time realistically planning a wedding for 100 people, and it just doesn't look like it's going to happen at this point. His dad is still without a job, my dad is only working 3 days a week starting in August, FFG was recently promoted but that just means his commission goals are going to be harder to reach, and I still only work 9 months out of the year. So, $10k is not only hard to come by for us, but it hasn't looked like it's going to be enough.

So, we've decided to pair down the guest list. This really is the easiest way to make things affordable. We are now planning to pay for 80 people for less than $10k. And when I say, "less than," I mean that the budget is $10k but there are certain little extras that we are willing to do without if push comes to shove, and that I have over-budgeted for a few items, should we so happen to come in to the money to pay for said items - but they could certainly be done for a lot cheaper. All that to say: we may be able to scrape by on $8500, if need be. And wouldn't that be wonderful? Let's give it a try, and not sacrifice our relationiship instead, shall we?

On a lighter note: one of my Frugal Fabulous Bridesmaids was in town this weekend, and we had a blast together! She got a chance to see our venue, and we went dress shopping together, during which I may have found my dress! Also, my Matron of Honor called me yesterday, and I have been informed that we will need to add one more "little person" to our guest list...

*Yay!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it will all be OK! :) i wish i hadn't been such a pushover when it came to details... i'm struggling to figure out how to pay for the remaining portion of the wedding ie. FOOD. i also work 10months out of the year as a teacher and have no income in the summer.

we didn't do this, but a close friend did.... and i thought it was a great idea. host an engagement party and have a money tree to go towards your honeymoon fund. my friends had about 50 people attend the party and received 10-100 from each person. just a thought :)