6.18.2009

Coffee? Tea? Me?

Have I mentioned our "theme?"

No, we're not having a "themed" wedding. But everyone needs a starting point.

Perhaps I'll call it our "vision" instead.

The Frugulous Groom and I are combining two things that are important to us: his love of coffee, and my love of jazz. He was a barista at Starbucks before he landed a job in the Plain Dealer's advertising department last month, and I majored in music for 5 years before I realized my talent was mediocre and I should do something I actually thought I could get good at (hence my returning to school as an interior design major this time).



It seems only fitting that we should crank out a wedding with an open espresso bar (in lieu of alcohol?) and a four-piece, live jazz band.

Now if only we could find a caterer who has an espresso machine...

2 comments:

little luxury list said...

Hello, are we blogging sisters (saw your name on TTO)? :) Welcome!

If you decide to do this theme, brunch sounds right up your alley and budget. Or how about having it a nice coffeehouse?

I love the jazz theme! Live band sounds so you too (at least from the post). Good stuff.

Kathleen said...

Nice! My fiance is a jazz guy so we're planning on getting a trio to play during the cocktail hour and dinner...

what sort of music major were you?