6.16.2009

Genesis

We've been planning this wedding for about 2 1/2 years.

We've been engaged for approx. 1 month.


Obviously, things haven't gone as we originally planned.


Now, with a ring finally on my finger (although the jeweler seems to have it in for that) and our finances in order, the Frugal Fabulous Groom and I are forging ahead at a steady pace!

But just because one of us has a new better-paying job doesn't mean we can afford to go broke on this wedding. With his father between jobs and my parents feeling the squeeze of an unstable economy too, it's going to be tough to pull off the wedding of our dreams with the budget of our nightmares.

But you know the old saying: when the going gets tough, the tough spend hours researching online to find the best deal.

And so begins my journey to plan a Frugal Fabulous wedding in one year. You're all invited to come along for this crazy ride.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Pamela Alexis said...

Good Luck!

alishaneva said...

good luck indeed! I've read through all your posts and ended with this one ... the first ... and I think you've got a good head on your shoulders and are definitely prepared. Have you checked out offbeatbride.com? You may find some things that help you out on there to save money as well!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the encouragement!!