4.09.2010

Just got back from my second dress fitting. I'm practically in tears - not good ones.

I'm just too damn tall.

We didn't touch the hem at all, and there isn't any room for it to be let out. But it floats about 4 full inches off the ground. It looks awful. Everything else about it looked and felt great. But I can't get past the bottom. There is an easy fix to this, but it's not going to be "easy."

I need new shoes. Specifically, they have to be all but flat.

I've dreamed my whole life of wearing heels down the aisle, it's weird I know, but it's been one of my things. I don't want to walk down the aisle in flats. Kitten heels are going to be the only way to go, but they've got to be teeny tiny.

I'm so overwhelmed at this point. I just don't want to have to take something else on. And I don't want to have to give up my heels. And... the dress looked awful. I couldn't see past the shoes - without the shoes, it was beautiful. But I'm so worried that I won't get the right ones now. And I want colored shoes, but my mother is trying to convince me to get white so they won't be so noticable. Grr. I don't want white shoes - who wants boring white shoes? Why would I want my shoes to blend in with my dress??? I want my shoes to be noticed. I just want my dress to fit, too. Hmph.

I'm going to go cry now. I feel let down by my own decision, and I feel unsupported in my choices, and that makes me sad.

3 comments:

Cupcake Wedding said...

honey
im so sorry

Em said...

:( I'm so sorry, girl. I love heels too, so I don't even know how to make you feel better about this. Ugh...I feel so bad! But please, stand your ground and get some hot-ass colored flats! Your argument for colored shoes is *awesome* by the way. If you don't mind, I'm going to use it the next time some one raises and eyebrow when I mention I have green wedding shoes.

It's going to be ok, hun :)

Lauren said...

*smile*

Thanks, guys. You're the best. =)